Welcome to my blog

follow me as I post the trials and tribulations of everyday life, some not so interesting and some will be very interesting. I'll talk about feelings, family, desires, and aspirations.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A day in the life of retirement


Who ever said that retirement would be boring; this week I've canned 15 quarts of tomatoes, that my 87 yr old mother and 66 yr old sister grew, and there was so many that tomorrow I'll freeze another 1o lbs. I also made over 30 jars of cherry chutneys from bing cherries that my friend, Gustavo, gave me.  This was after eating and giving away as many as I could; then from the box or 2 of apricots I bought, I made a couple dozen jars of apricot jelly, and a couple dozen of apricot, jalapeno, red pepper spread, which is great with cheese and crackers. Then today, sis, Von and I (don't know how I managed so much without her help) added oak trim to the posts at the top of the stairs that the finish carpenter forgot to do 6 years ago.  vonnie is an awesome carpenter and they look better than most wood workers would do! Now I just need to stain and clear coat them and that project will be done.  Then, we repaired the new murphy bed that had to be taken apart when I had water damage....more about that later.....All this, cleaning the kitchen after a week of cooking and canning...dinner for company last night....Oh yeah, must water the pots outside the front door 2 times a day as they aren't on the auto. system that's everywhere else.....Larry always said be careful what I plant, as it all has to be taken care of, and now I really know that.
The grapes (most of them) look awesome and I should have table grapes in next few days to share with friends and family.  We should be making Syrah wine in a couple of months.  It's still very hot, low 90's all this week.
Last week I participated in the local Art Show in Chelan; it's a small show, but very enjoyable; just wish I could find more time to paint and figure out how to market the paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment